Saturday, January 30, 2016

TV Commercials I Remembered in 1979

BUDWEISER
I found out that I remembered the famous words, “This Bud’s For You….for all you do, the King of Beers is comin’ through.” But I never drank even a sip of Budweiser because at that time I was too young to drink alcohol or beer. But my father loved that beer. I could also that there was a lone Clydesdale horse on the countryside in the middle of the commercial.

CATCH THAT PEPSI SPIRIT
In that Pepsi commercial, I remember that there was a scene on a cruise ship that lands on port to an arriving crowd that cheers and celebrates, and background singers saying “Catch that Pepsi spirit---drink it in, drink it in, drink it in.” I guess the end of the commercial featured a
Jewish couple celebrating front and center in a bar mitzvah party.

HAVE A PEPSI DAY
 I can remember that the commercial took place in the farm of a typical American family. I see a boy wearing a blue shirt and Denim jeans, and I also see galloping horses. The key was D major, and the Pepsi logo had the red, white, and blue colors.

PAN-AM AIRLINES
Well, this airline is now kaput, but I can remember the phrase “Say hello to a brand new world, say hello to Pan-Am”, and I also remember that the end of the commercial featured lady models in red and black going down on a floor in front of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.

RAM TOUGH

I remember that this commercial for Dodge Trucks was often used in a lot of 1979 sporting events from college football all the way to Major League Baseball and more often, in the National Football League. I remembered those two rams clashing against each other several times, especially on the sung phrase, “Dodge trucks are ram tough!”. I remembered that the commercial was for the Dodge B-100 with its light brown on the top and the white on the bottom.  I understood the concept of “ram tough” – it means very, very tough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment